What is Erectile Dysfunction or Impotence?
Erectile Dysfunction or impotence is a common problem among men in which one cannot get and/or maintain an erection (hardness of penis) sufficient for sexual intercourse. Impotence can vary among individuals. In some cases the penis becomes partly erect, but not hard enough to have intercourse properly. In some cases, there is no swelling or fullness of the penis at all.
Erectile Dysfunction or Impotence Causes:
There are several erectile dysfunction causes which can to be grouped into 'physical' and 'psychological' types.
Physical causes –
- Reduced blood flow to the penis.
- Diseases such as multiple sclerosis which affect the nerves going to the penis
- Diabetes - It can affect blood vessels and nerves.
- Injury to the nerves going to the penis.
- Side-effect of certain medicines.
- Alcohol and drug abuse.
- Long Distance Cycling
- Hormone causes
- Excessive outflow of blood from the penis through the veins.
Mental heath (psychological) causes:
- Relationship difficulties.
Erectile Dysfunction or Impotence Cures :
Impotence or erectile dysfunction is curable at any age. And it is usually curable under proper guidance. There are many erectile dysfunction or impotence cure options which can be performed by our highly experienced sexologist depending upon your condition.
- Medication (tablets taken by mouth)
- Pelvic floor muscle exercises
- Injection treatment
- Urethral medication
- Sex Therapy
- Vacuum devices
- Penile prosthesis
- Lifestyle and other advice
To schedule an online private consultation with our highly experienced sexologist, please click here.