Pain during intercourse is one of the most common causes of sexual problems in an otherwise healthy relationship. It is persistent or recurrent genital pain or discomfort in a woman's labial, vaginal, or pelvic areas during or after sexual intercourse and that causes you personal distress. The prevalence of such pain seems to be increasing over time. The condition can occur both males and females. But it is relatively rare in females.
Possible Causes of Painful Intercourse
- Changes in sexual behavior
- An increase in sexually transmitted diseases
- Increased willingness to discuss sexual behavior
- inadequate lubrication
- Hormone disorder
- Defect in uterus or vagina
- Infections in genital tract
Painful Intercourse Diagnosis:
Examination of genitals:
Our highly experienced sex doctor examines whether any sexual development defect is present or not. Galactorrhoeas & features of other hormones disorders are also checked.
Step 1 - Hormone Testing
Step 2 - Ultrasound Scanning
Step 3 - Sex Counseling
Step 4 - Other Tests (If Required)
- Pelvic Nerve Testing: By conduction and sensory testing (NCV, EMG).
- Psychoanalysis: To find different factor leading to psychogenic pain disorder.
- Detailed Sex Counseling
Treatment of Painful Intercourse:
The common treatments of pain during intercourse are:
- Hormones Therapy
- Anti-infective drugs
- Sex Therapy
To schedule an online private consultation with our highly experienced sexologist, please click here.